I’ve been going through Microsoft’s eShopOnContainers repo and replicating it as a small test project to learn microservices. While adding the WebHost Customization project I ran into the following error:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS1061 ‘DatabaseFacade’ does not contain a definition for ‘Migrate’ and no accessible extension method ‘Migrate’ accepting a first argument of type ‘DatabaseFacade’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) WebHost.Customization … N/A
This turned out to be a fairly simple fix. All that’s required is the following package (I installed via Nuget):
I recently upgraded my .net core 2.2 project to .net core 3.0. When trying to add a migration I hit the following error:
add-migration : The term ‘add-migration’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and
At line:1 char:1
+ add-migration events
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (add-migration:String) , CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
It turns out that there have been a few changes to how this all works. You’ll need to go to package manager console and run the following:
Just a quick post on fixing up a migration error after I added new config to startup.cs via DI. The error after running add-migration was pretty unintuitive:
Unable to create an object of type 'ApplicationDbContext'. For the different patterns supported at design time, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=851728
To find out a bit more I ran the following:
This revealed the fact that there was an issue with adding my config line. The error stated that I had to have an empty constructor which led me on a bit of a wild goose chase.
The solution was simply a missed entry in application.json. In my case it was an omitted “assembly” section. Having said that, I did come across a few instances where people had the same problem when omitting commas etc.
Hopefully that’s able to get you on the right track!
I ran into the following error after adding model validation attributes to a database with existing values:
String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.
The solution is pretty straightforward if you’re happy to truncate the values. Simply run the query below, swapping Title for your column name, Products for your table name and 25 for your new column length:
SET Title = LEFT(Title, 25)
WHERE LEN(Title) > 25
You should then be able to run update-database without any issues:
Specify the ‘-Verbose’ flag to view the SQL statements being applied to the target database.
Applying explicit migrations: [201806240741543_product_validation].
Applying explicit migration: 201806240741543_product_validation.
Running Seed method.