Monthly Archives: June 2020

Overwrite Selected Tree View Item Styles – Material UI ReactJS

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post on how to overwrite the styles of a selected tree item using material ui and ReactJS:

treeItem: {
paddingTop: theme.spacing(1),
‘&[aria-selected=”true”][aria-expanded=”true”] > div:nth-of-type(1)’: {
backgroundColor: ‘red’,
}
},

This will make the background color red for ONLY the selected item:
material-ui-tree-view

Cheers,
Chris

Failed to load the development https certificate using docker and ocelot

Hey everyone,

I randomly started encountering the following error while using docker to host my Ocelot gateway:

Failed to load the development https certificate at ‘/root/.aspnet/https/ContentGateway.pfx’.

The solution ended up being to clean out as many temp files as possible, especially the generated certs:

  • Delete the following files: Delete the C:\Users{USER}\AppData\Roaming\ASP.NET\Https folder
  • Clean the solution. Delete the bin and obj folders (I just did this for the gateway project)
  • Restart visual studio/visual code

I’ll add an update if I can narrow down what caused the initial issue but for now this seems to work.

Thanks to the following links for the info:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/aspnet/core/security/enforcing-ssl?view=aspnetcore-3.1&tabs=visual-studio#trust-the-aspnet-core-https-development-certificate-on-windows-and-macos
https://stackoverflow.com/q/52457514/522859

DX20807: Unable to retrieve document from: ‘[PII is hidden. For more details, see https://aka.ms/IdentityModel/PII.] site:stackoverflow.com

Hi everyone,

I ran into the following error today while implementing Azure AD B2C:

DX20807: Unable to retrieve document from: ‘[PII is hidden. For more details, see https://aka.ms/IdentityModel/PII.%5D site:stackoverflow.com

There are a lot of different solutions to this error posted on Stackoverflow, Github, etc but without anything else to go on it’s pretty hard to narrow down the cause. This is where the ShowPII property comes in handy:

….
var resultJson = configuration.GetSection(“AzureAdB2cConfiguration”).Value;
var azureConfig = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(resultJson);

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Logging.IdentityModelEventSource.ShowPII = true; // TODO: This should be removed in production and the authority url changed to https

jwtOptions.RequireHttpsMetadata = false; // TODO: This should be removed in production and the authority url changed to https
jwtOptions.Authority = azureConfig.Authority;
jwtOptions.Audience = azureConfig.AppClientId;
jwtOptions.Events = new JwtBearerEvents {
OnAuthenticationFailed = AuthenticationFailed,
};


static Task AuthenticationFailed(AuthenticationFailedContext arg)
{
// For debugging purposes only!
var s = $”AuthenticationFailed: {arg.Exception.Message}”;
arg.Response.ContentLength = s.Length;

System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break();
return arg.Response.Body.WriteAsync(Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(s), 0, s.Length);
}

Simply set Microsoft.IdentityModel.Logging.IdentityModelEventSource.ShowPII to true while configuration your authentication and the full internal error will be shown instead of the vague PII message.

In my case this turned out to be an issue with the construction of my authority url.

Cheers,
Chris