I’m currently toying around with GraphQL on with HotChocolate on .NET Core Microservices. After implementing logging I ran into a bit of a problem every time I opened the GraphQL playground.
While observing my logs I noticed that an almost continuous stream of Schema logs were appearing which made it fairly difficult to track down any legitimate errors. The solution to this turned out to be fairly simple – playground offers both a polling enabled and polling frequency setting that can be configured locally:
I simply disabled this for testing, and then increased it to 30s once I’d migrated my logs to seq.
The logging implementation itself was based off the following example: https://chillicream.com/blog/2019/03/19/logging-with-hotchocolate
Leave a Reply